This typically Catalan combination of ingredients is a perennial favourite in Brindisa.
In Catalunya they like to cook the spinach so that it’s completely collapsed and wilted, whereas I prefer it fresh and tossed only briefly in the hot oil. As there is quite a lot of spinach, you can cook it in two goes.
• 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 small banana shallot, finely diced
• 35g pine nuts
• 35g raisins
• 300g baby spinach leaves
• sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the olive oil in a large wok. Add the shallot, pine nuts and raisins and cook until golden.
2. Add the spinach, and toss the leaves with the other ingredients (as you would a salad). The idea is to warm the spinach through – be careful not to overcook it.
3. Season to taste and serve immediately.